Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I'm quitting smoking?

Day 53. Oh, right. Forgot I was supposed to post on this. Anyway, not much to add, really, except for a couple terribly, terribly minor updates:

* That whole tired-all-the-time patch? It passed.
* Weight problem? Probably an exaggeration.
* Fear of quitting the patch completely? Quite palpable.
* Thinking about cigarettes all the time? I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention.

Otherwise, I live a healthy lifestyle, I breathe nicely, and I make sure to pinch my nostrils together when I pass by a smoker in the progress of smoking, raising it at the same time for the maximum snob/hypocrite effect. (Sometimes I walk up to them and faux-hack my lungs out. Fortunately, none of them have been Bill Hicks.) Bring on the Philly Smoking Ban!

Actually, that really does get my blood boiling. That might wind up my next Pedantic Post.